Wenger expects response after reality Cech

first_img0Shares0000Arsenal’s Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech warms up before the start of their English Premier League football match against West Ham United at the Emirates Stadium in London on August 9, 2015. PHOTO/AFPLONDON, August 15- Arsene Wenger expects Arsenal to produce a strong response after their dismal opening day defeat when they return to action at Crystal Palace on Sunday.Wenger’s side make the short trip to south London with the embarrassment of last weekend’s shock 2-0 home loss against West Ham still fresh in their minds. Heading into the new Premier League campaign, Wenger’s squad were widely tipped as genuine title contenders after winning the FA Cup and defeating champions Chelsea in the Community Shield.But a miserable debut from Petr Cech, the veteran goalkeeper signed from Chelsea and hailed as the last piece in Wenger’s title jigsaw, and lacklustre displays from the majority of his new team-mates, allowed West Ham to shatter the optimism surrounding the Gunners.Faced with a tricky clash against a Palace side who started with a 3-1 win at Norwich and have caused numerous problems for the top teams at Selhurst Park in recent years, Wenger acknowledges Arsenal could suffer another blow to their title bid unless they raise their performance levels significantly.Yet the Arsenal manager is sure that belief among his squad remains intact and he has backed them to rebound with a win that will set the tone for the rest of the season.“Every defeat makes you a bit smaller, but it is our job to take it in perspective with 37 games to go,” Wenger said.“We have the history behind us from the second half of the campaign last year which shows we have the quality to always respond and to be consistent, so let’s focus on our quality.“Defeat is part of the season and of course that was not planned, but we know it is how we respond to these kind of things that will make our season.”– Fragile –Following Sunday’s loss, Wenger found himself in the familiar position of having to defend his football philosophy as angry fans questioned the way their physically fragile players were bullied by West Ham.But the Frenchman, whose club last won the title in 2004, said: “We have a big following and disappointed people are emotional, that is understandable and it hurts us as well to disappoint people who have a high level of expectation.“We have analysed what happened to us, but we don’t have to go overboard with what happened. It is a defeat and it hurts, but that shouldn’t take our belief in our potential away.“A strong season is down to the way that you respond to disappointment so we will focus on our next game. We will prepare for that.”Wenger is boosted by the return of right-back Hector Bellerin after a thigh strain ruled him out last weekend.Chile forward Alexis Sanchez could start having stepped up his training this week after an extended break following the Copa America.Meanwhile, Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew believes Yohan Cabaye would have slotted straight into Arsenal’s starting line-up if the France midfielder had signed for the Gunners.Cabaye made a surprise move to Palace from Paris Saint Germain in July but was close to joining Arsenal two years ago when he was at Newcastle.The playmaker has already made a good impression at Palace, scoring in last week’s win at Norwich, and Pardew says he could easily hold his own in a squad of Arsenal’s quality.“Two years ago Yohan wouldn’t play (for Newcastle) at Manchester City because he thought he was going to Arsenal so it’s quite ironic he’s now here with us at Crystal Palace,” Pardew said.“He’s a fantastic player, we’re honoured to have him and he’s definitely the level of Arsenal players.“I don’t think Arsene Wenger or anyone at Arsenal would disagree with that.“We have a player who could definitely play in their team and that’s a nice feeling for us.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Sandro Ramirez already eyeing Everton exit

first_imgEverton flop Sandro Ramirez is considering going back to Spain.The 22-year-old only moved to Goodison Park in the summer from Malaga after his £5.2m release clause was met.But, since making the switch, the Spaniard has yet to find the net and he is growing frustrated.As a result, according to Marca, Ramirez is considering going back to Spain in January to reignite his career.Several sides in La Liga would undoubtedly be interested in signing the striker, especially if he is available on loan. Sandro Ramirez 1last_img read more

A closer look at Melania Trump, America’s first foreign-born First Lady since the 19th century

first_imgRepublican Donald Trump has now officially become the President of the United States after his Inaugration Day on January 20, 2017. Henceforth, his wife Melania Trump will now be called the First Lady. Melania Trump is the first foreign-born First Lady since 19th century. Before her, it was John Quincy Adams’ wife Louisa, First Lady from the year 1825 to 1829.Although, Donald Trump is quite famous for his flamboyant attitude and tweets. Similarly, his wife Melania is too matching his pace and making headlines ever since he decided to run for becoming the 45th President of the United States.Communist Yogoslavian rootsShe was born in Sevnica, Yugoslavia now in Slovenia. Her original name was Melanija Knavs but she stuck to her model alias, MelaniaKnauss. Melania is the daughter of Viktor Knavs, who was a Communist Party member & managed car dealerships, and Amalija Ulnik, a pattern maker at a textile factory. Born on April 26, in 1970, she is 46 years old which makes it to a 24 year age gap with Donald Trump, who is 70.  Modelling career She began modelling at the age of 16 under the name MelaniaKnauss. Acclaimed photographer Stane Jerko invited her for a trial photoshoot as he liked her look. She was under the spotlight soon after that photoshoot which made her grab a contract with Italian model agency ID at the age of 18. She later on worked in Paris.She has graced the catwalks and magazines around the world including a controversial shoot on Trump’s customised Boeing 727 featuring Melania wearing nothing more than handcuffs.advertisementMelania told in her GQ interview: “My mom was in the fashion business. I was five years old when I did my first catwalk and did commercials at 16. I went professional after my studies. My mum loved fashion. We loved to travel and go to Italy and Paris. A lot of people say I am using all the procedures for my face. I didn’tdo anything. I live a healthy life, I take care of my skin and my body.I’m against Botox, I’m against injections; I think it’s damaging yourface, damaging your nerves. It’s all me. I will age gracefully, as mymom does.”Melania also runs a jewellery business. She once joked in an interview that after taking care of her son and running the business, her husband is her third job.   The Trump effect Melania met Trump in 1998 when she was 28 years old. Apparently, during a party thrown by Zampolli at the Kit Kat Club in Manhattan. Trump’s ‘plus one’ for the party was Norwegian cosmetics heiress Celina Midelfart. He actually asked for Melania’s number after he saw her at the party but apparently she refused to divulge that Trump already came with a date. She took Trump’s number, though.She said in an interview, “If I give him my number, I’m just one of the women he calls. I wanted to see what his intention is. It tells you a lot from the man what kind of number he gives you. He gave me all of his numbers.”After seeing each other for a while, they actually broke up for a few months when Trump said that he might run for the US President in the year 2000. Trump, who was married twice before, proposed Melania at the Costume Institute Gala in New York. The couple got married in January 2005 at The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida.Her engagement ring was a 2 million USD Graff diamond and a dress made by British designer John Galliano which was priced 1,40,000GBP.Their reception was attended by former President Bill Clinton and Trump’s current political nemesis Hillary Clinton.  The kidsMelania and Donald’s only child, Barron William Trump was born in the year 2006. She is also a stepmother to Donald Jr who is 38, Ivanka who is 35, Eric who is 32. The three kids were fromTrump’s first marriage to Ivana. She is also a stepmother to Tiffany, who is 22, from Trump’s second wifeMarla Maples.Barron Trump is fluent in Slovenian besides English and reportedly had his own floor of the Trumps apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan as an infant. Melania sometimes calls him by his nickname ‘Mini-Donald’.  Melania as First LadyIn the year 2000, when Trump was toying with the idea of running for the office, Melania said that, “I would be very traditional as a First Lady, like Betty Ford or Jackie Kennedy.”Melania is currently staying at home in New York instead of East Wing in White House with Donald Trump. She is ensuring a stable education for their son Barron who is currently in fourth grade at Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School. It is still unclear whether she will be staying in New York until the end of this year or till he finishes school.advertisementWhile she is in New York for sometime, Trump’s daughter Ivanka will be taking up some of the duties of the First Lady.   Interested in General Knowledge and Current Affairs? Click here to stay informed and know what is happening around the world with our G.K. and Current Affairs section. To get more updates on Current Affairs, send in your query by mail to [email protected]last_img read more